Canalathon Rules and Refunds
- This event is a challenge and not a race and as such should not be treated as one.
- There is however a 12 hour cut-off time at which point if your team has not arrived at the finish then you will be asked to politely retire. Start time is 8:01am for the first team departing (Team1) and at 1 minute intervals thereafter …. Thus team 2 at 8:02am, team 3 at 8:03am etc, etc
- Individuals and teams must give way at all times to other canal users both on the waterways and on the footpaths.
- If a team or individual retires then you must report it to a marshal for the event. If you do not then we will assume you are missing and come looking for you possibly with the help of the Mountain Rescue. This will be particularly embarrassing and a waste of resources if you are found in a pub for example!
- There will be marshals and volunteers helping the event to run as smoothly as possible on the day. They are there for your safety and to help you. Please listen to them at all times.
- The team should have a helper(s) or means of getting to the start / from the finish and dropping bikes off and picking bikes up from transitions. More details of course logistics can be seen here.
- Competitors aged 18 years of age may take part with parent/guardian permission. Competitors aged 12-16 years of age must be accompanied by 1 adult per minor.
- There will be opportunities to buy food and drink along the way but we recommend that you have some form of self-sufficiency to include 'emergency' food puncture repair kit, waterproofs etc. and a means of carrying it and keeping it dry.
- Canoes: These will be supplied as part of your entry fee along with buoyancy aids (which must be worn at all times in the boat) and paddles. Boats are open (Canadian) style. There will be 2 boats per team and therefore 2 persons per boat.
- Bikes: You will need to supply you own bikes & helmets (which must be worn at all times during the bike section). Despite the fact the bike route does not take place on roads, it does include public rights of way and as such bikes must be roadworthy (including two effective brakes). Bikes can be hired if required at an additional cost from www.bikesandhikes.co.uk. It may be the case that you can arrange for the bikes to be brought to the start of the bike leg and returned at the end, but will need to be arranged prior to the event with Bikes & Hikes
- Run / Hike: You will need appropriate footwear for the task in hand. Be aware that sections of the canal towpath can be muddy and therefore slippery especially after rainfall so shoes / trainers / boots with some grip on would be advised.
Cancellations or Refunds:
- If a team should withdraw before July 31 2016 a 90% refund will be issued (10% admin fee).
- There are no refunds after July 31st 2016. However, If an individual(s) cannot make the event then it is acceptable to muster a replacement(s) to allow the team to take part on the day. Please note that teams must consist of 4 people. This is YOUR responsibility to solve before the event.
Please mail email@example.com with any changes that you may have.